I wanted to include some blog posts on foods and recipes that i like.I know some people wouldn't be as proactive as i would be about researching new ideas for food and meals. I think when you are eating healthy its essential to keep yourself motivated and of course your taste buds motivated. Every now and again i will post about a specific foods or recipes i like, today its Sweet Potatoe !
So whats the big deal about Sweet Potaoe ??
I call it the performance Potatoe , rich in vitamin A,C and D also rich in calcium and Iron, It also contains 28% more potassium than a banana so i guess you could say this little vegetable seriously packs a health punch. All of the above might mean absolutely nothing to you and want to know well how is it going to make me look better, It is going to improve your digestive system , its going to give you better skin and also reduce stress levels. This is going to be one of my best friends over the next 8 months. It is the healthy Carbohydrate that tastes amazing and can be prepared in several different ways. Here is my Favourite ''Rosemary & Garlic Sweet Potatoe Fries''
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 35 MINUTES
1 large sweet potato, peeled
1 tbsp fresh minced rosemary
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp olive oil or Coconut Oil
The How :
- Preheat Oven while you are prepping your Spuds. It usually takes me ten minutes. So get the heat going at 180 degrees. I use a standard oven baking tray covered in tinfoil, so the fries don't stick to the dish. Stick the tray in while the oven is heating.
- Cut up your potatoe into chip like shapes. It is up to you whether you want to keep the skin on or not, i like both options. Also chop up your fresh rosemary, peel your garlic and chop also.
- Pour your chips into your heated dish , i think its good to make sure your chips aren't over lapping. So they cook evenly and get nice a crispy- Over you sweet potatoe chips sprinkle the fresh Rosemary and garlic, then pour either 2 teaspoons of olive oil or coconut oil. I personally prefer Coconut oil, its also the healthier option. I am currently using a brand from the Uk Lucy Bee Coconut oil which you can buy in Down to Earth a health food store on George's Street Dublin. You can but coconut oil in most shops like Dunnes or Tesco.
Down to Earth http://www.downtoearth.ie
LucyBee Coconut Oil @lucybeecoconut
- Make sure to give the potatoes a little mix before you put them back in the oven , Making sure the oil, rosemary and garlic cover all the fries. Back into the oven for roughly Thirty Minutes.
- After 15 minutes give them a stir , giving both sides a chance to get nice a crispy. After twenty five to thirty minutes take them out. Hey presto !! Delish
- I like to eat my sweet potatoe fries as a side for almost everything ,Steak, Salmon, tuna etc.
Hope you enjoy thank me later :D